CURE Ethiopia provides medical care for all children living with treatable disabilities regardless of economic status, ethnicity or religion. Click here to see the types of conditions we treat.
CURE Ethiopia is a children’s orthopedic and plastic surgery hospital and provides holistic services for the following conditions
Assessment of Elecive Plastic Surgery conditions:
- Cleft lip/palate: including general pediatric, related nutrition problems, hearing and cleft speech problems associated with cleft lip/palate
- Joint contractures due to previous burn injuries
Assessment of Elective Orthopaedic conditions:
- Clubfoot, for infant and older children
- Limb deficiency syndromes of the upper and lower limbs
- Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip joint in infants and children
- Bone defects and joint problems as a result of infection
- Post-natal brachial plexus palsy
- Congenital tibial pseudarthrosis, non-unions, limb length discrepancy
- Scoliosis spine conditions in childhood
- Angular deformity around the knee joint
- Joint conditions such as dislocation, stiffness and deformity due to neuromuscular conditions
Whilst we endeavour to assess and manage all orthopaedic conditions in childhood we do not treat the following:
- Acute burns
- Trauma to the thoracic, abdominal cavities or the head and spine.
- Acute or uncomplicated chronic infection of the skeleton
- Malignant bone tumors
- Children who are non-walkers
Children with combined musculoskeletal problems and malnutrition is common. To reduce surgical risk, treatment of malnutrition is a treatment priority. In some cases this can delay the surgical treatment.
If you have previously had surgical treatment for an orthopaedic condition from another centre, it is usually best to return to the same centre as the surgeon in charge of your care will have records and a greater understanding of your health complaint.